Suitable for everyday use, flexible and easy to handle due to the built-in probe guide
Guided measurements for daily use
The guided probes are designed for daily use. The solid aluminum housing has ergonomics adapted to the field of application and additionally protects the probe technology.
Our stand probes can be used with the SONODUR 3 mobile hardness testing device as well as with the SONODUR R. The SONODUR R was specially developed for use in fully automated production.
The intelligent measuring system of each probe covers the entire hardness range of the classic Vickers scale. The stand probes are suitable for measurements of metals, industrial ceramics and with certain restrictions also for highly heterogeneous materials, such as cast iron (nodular cast iron e.g. GJS500).
They are particularly suitable for applications on larger flat surfaces, tubes/pipe sections, wire, round material and curved surfaces. Due to the countless variations of curved or bent surfaces, there is also the possibility to customize the hold-downs for your requirements. Please contact us.
Our probes work according to the UCI hardness testing method (Ultrasonic Contact Impedance). Here, the probe rod is excited to vibrate in the longitudinal direction with its natural frequency. At the lower end there is a Vickers diamond which is pressed into the material to be tested. A defined load is applied via a spring. When the Vickers diamond penetrates the test piece, this vibration is damped and a frequency shift occurs, which can be measured. When the nominal test load is reached, we calculate the hardness value from this frequency shift using the Vickers scale and display it immediately.
The biggest difference in the method compared to the classic Vickers hardness test is, among other things, that the contact surface of the Vickers diamond is responsible for the frequency shift of the vibrating rod. Whereas in classical hardness testing, the impression of the diamond must be measured optically.
YOUR ADVANTAGES AT A GLANCE
- Minimized operator dependence: due to guided measuring probes
Centered, positionally accurate measuring points: especially on curved surfaces due to the probe shoes
- High reproducibility of measured values: High-quality measurements
- Measurement time is only a few seconds: Allows many measurements and provides a quick decision basis for the operator
- High flexibility: Largest range of probes with different test loads in the world
- Cost-saving: No need to destroy the component to be measured
- Mobile hardness testing on site: During incoming goods inspection; During production, On already installed production parts in the field
- Easy to automate: Operator-independent measurements for even higher reproducibility of measured values
- Standardized test method: UCI method – Our expertise for your safety. Complies with DIN 50159-1,2-2021, ASTM A1038-2019
Test method: UCI method, complies with DIN 50159 1.2-2021, ASTM A1038 2019
Probe housing material: Aluminium
Probe housing dimensions: 38.5 mm x 169 mm
Probe tip material: Diamond
Diameter measuring tip: 3.4 mm
Tip angle measuring tip: 136°
Connection: Wired via Lemo connector