AC Electromagnetic Yoke
The Y-2 is an AC electromagnetic yoke, ergonomically designed to improve productivity and reduce operator arm and wrist fatigue. The yoke generates a strong AC magnetic field for the detection of surface indications during magnetic particle testing.
Lightweight with an ergonomic grip and trigger, the Y-2 is designed for the rugged demands of field inspection. Featuring a field swappable cord and isolated trigger switch; the Y-2 is easily serviceable because a severed cord should not stop a job from getting done.
A super bright LED attachment is available as an optional item to help illuminate the inspection area while simultaneously magnetizing the part.
- Increase inspector productivity and reduce physical fatigue
- Less arm strain, wrist fatigue and physical stress help operators get more done due to the lightweight and ergonomic design.
- Easily position the yoke in any direction with lightweight, heavy-duty and powerful electronics components.
- Keep tools in service with a design that’s built to last
- Cords and triggers can be easily replaced, so work doesn’t stop and tools aren’t scrapped due to accidental damage.
- Prevent dust and dangerous water damage with an IP54 o-ring sealed housing.
- Ergonomic, light-weight design
- IP54 sealed housing resists dust and water
- Field-swappable power cord
- Isolated, replaceable trigger switch
- Steel shields for leg protection
- Exceeds ASTM lifting specifications
- Convenient carrying case supplied with all yoke shipments
- Optional LED yoke light lasts longer and is more intense compared to traditional bulbs
- NDT Type: Magnetic Particle Testing
Ideal Application: Demanding environments, Field testing, In-service inspections, Spot inspections, Weld inspection.
Defect Examples: Fatigue cracks, Grinding cracks, Inclusions, Laps, Quenching cracks, Seams, Shrink cracks, Tears, Welding slag.
- Standards: ASME BPVC, ASTM E1444, ASTM E709