Level 1 Water Washable Fluorescent Penetrant
A water-removeable Level 1 penetrant, ZL-19 is designed for use on rough or unmachined surfaces such as castings and forgings to find larger discontinuities in non-safety critical components. It is ideal for inspecting automotive and general industrial components such as engine cylinder blocks, power train components, rocker arms, pistons, steering knuckles, etc.
ZL-19 washes off parts with ease, leaving less background for clearer indications, even on rough surfaces. The quick rinsing reduces water usage in the inspection process, and the rinse water is easily treatable for simpler disposal.
This economical fluorescent penetrant helps users reduce their over-all cost per part by reducing penetrant loss through drag-out, speeding up the washing and inspection process, and cutting rinse water costs.
ZL-19 can be used with ZP-4B dry powder developer, with ZP-5B water suspendible developer in an agitated tank or with ZP-9F non-aqueous developer. With a UV-A light source, indications will appear as a bright green-yellow fluorescence.
- Increase indication detection
- Increase detection of defects in cast parts, such as hot tears, laps, or cold shuts, and on rough surfaces
- Indications stand out more because of reduced background fluorescence, even on rough cast surfaces
- Speed up your inspection process
- Quickly apply and remove penetrant due to high surface wetting and easy washability
- ZL-19 is spray-friendly and will not clog nozzles in automated lines, for less maintenance downtime
- Performance value
- Use less penetrant per part, thanks to lower drag out
- Penetrant can be reused from the dwell cycle, so more of it stays in your tank instead of getting carried away on parts.
- Maximise operator comfort and safety
- Promotes better inspection quality by providing the operator with a more comfortable work environment.
- Reduces discomfort from strong odours
- Exceeds all EHS requirements
- NDT Type: Fluorescent Penetrant Testing
- Penetrant Type: Type 1
- Fluorescent Penetrant Sensitivity: Level 1 – Low Sensitivity
- Penetrant Methods: Method A, Method C
- Removal Type: Water Washable
- Required Equipment: UV light source
Ideal Application: Castings, Engine cylinder blocks, Forgings, Pistons, Power train components, Rocker arms, Rough surface finish, Steering knuckles, Unmachined parts
Defect ExamplesCold shuts, Cracks, Delamination, Laps, Porosity, Seams
Standards: AMS 2644, ASME BPVC, ASTM D129, ASTM E1417/E1417M, ASTM E165/E165M-18, MIL-STD-2132