Water Washable Visible Dye Penetrant
RP20 is a water-washable visible penetrant that is also post-emulsifiable for greater resolution of flaw indications. RP20 features outstanding penetrating characteristics for Type 2 penetrant testing in visible white light. This bright red penetrant is designed to wash off parts with ease, leaving less background for clearer indications, even on rough surfaces. The quick rinsing reduces water usage in the inspection process, and the rinse water is easily treatable for simpler disposal, for a reliable NDT process with less cost per part. RP20 offers maximum reliability in locating surface-open flaws and discontinuities, and can be used on non-porous ceramics and similar materials.
- Outstanding penetrating characteristics
- Vivid high-contrast colour
- Superior flaw resolution
- Excellent reliability
- Wide range of applications
- Excellent controlled washability over a wide temperature range and variable dwell times.
- Dependable and convenient to use
- Easy to carry and use in the field with the convenient aerosol cans which are carefully designed for consistent, even coverage and maximum test area coverage.
- Use in all conditions without the need for darkness or UV lights
- Quickly and completely covers the entire test surface due to high surface wetting
- Maximum indication detection
- Produces strong, vibrant indications thanks to the bright, vibrant red colour, especially when used with SKD-S2 solvent-based developer.
- Maximise operator comfort and safety
- Promotes better inspection quality by providing the operator with a more comfortable work environment
NDT Type: Visible Penetrant Testing
Penetrant Type: Type 2
Penetrant Methods: Method B, Method C
Removal Type: Water Washable
- Ideal Application: Castings, Construction, Forgings, Leak detection, Metal work, Power plants, Pressure vessels, Tubular goods, Welds
- Defect Examples: Cracks, Leaks
Standards: ASME BPVC, ASTM D129, ASTM E165/E165M-18, ISO 3452-2