NDT-Approved Petroleum Base Suspension Vehicle
Carrier II is a high-purity NDT-approved suspension vehicle developed specifically for wet method magnetic particle testing. This petroleum distillate carrier oil provides excellent particle mobility, good suspension stability and enhanced corrosion protection for reliable, spec-compliant mag particle inspections.
Carrier II has virtually no odour for improved operator comfort, and contains special additives to minimise background fluorescence when using fluorescent materials.
- Faster, more reliable inspections
- Increases inspection speed and reliability by quickly wetting the entire test surface.
- Helps 14A particles to move at top speed to discontinuities.
- Decreases maintenance
- Magnetic particle baths last longer due to slow evaporation, and are less susceptible to contamination from bacteria or fungus.
- Protects magnetic particles like 14A from wear and tear and keeps them evenly dispersed throughout the bath.
- Improves operator comfort
- Made with a highly refined oil to reduce skin irritations and eliminate strong odors for a nicer work environment.
- More inspection flexibility
- Can be used for virtually all magnetic particle inspections with conformance to all major international magnetic particle testing specifications.
- Prevents corrosion of most alloys and eliminates post-inspection processing for corrosion protection.
- Safer to use
- Reduces EHS concerns with high flash point and low toxicity.
- Carrier II can go anywhere in an inspection line without worrying about fire or biological hazards.
- Increases equipment life-span
- Protects magnetic particle equipment from internal rust and corrosion to keep expensive machines running longer with less downtime.
- Provides excellent particle mobility
- Good dispersion stability
- Protects parts and equipment against corrosion
- Provides superior wetting and surface coverage
- Low maintenance oil-based suspension
- Very low toxicity
- High flash point
- Low volatility
- Wide temperature stability
- NDT Type: Fluorescent Magnetic Particle Testing
- Ideal Application: Infrequently used systems, Inspections where corrosion protection is vital, On high strength alloys, When maintaining particle concentration is critical, When water might pose an electrical hazard.
Standards: A-A-59230, AMS 2641, ASME BPVC, ASTM D129, ASTM E1444/E1444M, ISO 9934-2, MIL-STD-2132, NAVSEA T9074-AS-GIB-010/271, Pratt & Whitney PMC 1887